With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The thing I swore I would not do

I did.

I broke down. I bought an air conditioner. I swore it was a waste of energy, and only for the weak! I would be environmentally friendly and use less energy.

However. My brain melted. I was useless at home and useless at work, and will be less environmentally protective if I screw something up at work.

Thus, I have an air conditioner. I am pleased. The cats are also pleased.

In other news, when it rains here, it really rains.

There were puddles, during my walk. And by puddles, I mean two blocks of flooded out street. The shallow middle part came nearly to my knees. I was in stompy, gleeful, wet wet heaven.

Drenched is an inadequate term for the state I arrived home in. I can only imagine what I would have come home looking like had I gone stomping during the worst of the holy mother of house-shaking thunderstorms we just had.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger W said…

    I find myself missing you and your puddle-mucking ways. Rain often reminds me of you, and I think Carla has said the same thing on occasion. :)

    Heh, and bravo on giving in to air conditioning. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home