With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 24, 2008

Still a damn strange place...

What sort of place is it, where you can go golfing on Easter long weekend, and then the weekend *afterwards* go skiing? This makes no sense to me, but apparently here it's possible.

Going on week three - still a damn strange place.

Also, allergic reaction subsiding. I am no longer nauseous, and my skin isn't itchy (mostly), and my lips are no longer swollen to the Angelina Jolie + collagen point (only to the point of really badly chapped). None of these are much fun, but are how I spent my Easter long weekend. I profoundly need another weekend.

Other news: division finally had a meeting. Yay! I no longer feel quite as lost. I have a vague idea now as to what projects could bring me in to help work on them in the near future, which reduces my panic to acceptable levels once again. Not that my schedule is all roses - it's not, and I should really be doing far more work at home than I am right now. But that being said, life looks a little less unstable for the next week.

And then, the Girls arrive. Wheee! Visitors!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A Strange place, and yet so close to the border... Tantalizingly so..

    So, how large a piece of my soul (tattered, ragged, and - full disclosure and truth in advertising - possibly evaporated at this point) and how large an investment in begging and worldly goods would it take to turn you into a bootlegger, and procure a few cases of Henry Weinhard Classic Dark from accross the 49th in sweetgrass, and place them on a bus to Edmonton? It seems to have been about a decade since I've tasted that yummy nectar.

    -Wally (who is completely aware of his skewed priorities).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home