With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 17, 2008

They love me, yes they do...

Today is just one of those days where I realize again how much the PTB really love me. They love me soooo much, they’ve assigned two very special presences into my life – surprise and irony. Also, the girl pack, but they're (slightly) less omniscient.

My first day of work was slow, relatively speaking. When I say relatively, I mean relative to what the rest of the week, month, or maybe even year, will be. As it is, I’m sitting here eating salad and garlic stuffed olives to comfort my coffee-beset stomach, and hoping I can unwind in time to get a full night’s sleep tonight.

Also, I send out apologies, specific and in general, for ever mocking my older brother about how much work he had, or chose to, take on as part of work.

I’ve developed the funny suspicion that this job will threaten to not only run my life, but *be* my life. Good thing it sounds like so damn much fun. *^_^* Now here’s hoping I don’t fall flat on my face for the first couple weeks.

But, the house is coming along. Some stuff I can’t set up, because then the contractors won’t be able to get in and do up the baseboards this week. Other than that, things are fairly calm. Money worries me, but I have offers to bail me out rather than have me worry about money while I’m getting on my feet in this job. Still, accepting help is one of my issues, and I worry not because of that, but because my stupid stubborn pride takes a dent every time I have to ask for help. Bah.

Randomly: it is profoundly nice to be able to eat garlic stuffed olives, be PMS emotional, and blare classical music without disturbing anyone. I know these aren’t exactly major hinging factors in my life, but they make me realize that I am very lucky to be able to speak such and speak it truly.

Mmmm, heading south. So good for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger george said…

    I'm glad things down South are off to such a good start. But know that you're hugely missed and we (I) can't wait to see you (soon!)

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger george said…

    Okay, blogger is hating me at the moment. You may indeed have two comments from me saying virtually the same thing, or you may just have this one!

    I too was thanking the PTB earlier. For many things. I'm so glad that moving South has been such a positive thing thus far. But know that you are missed here by myself and others. Be well. (And I can't wait to see you).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home