Monkeys in the bloodstream!
Today, I take time to celebrate the Fall Equinox. I celebrate it with cats, gaming stuff, the company of cool people later on, and by immersing my brain in cool acadamia-type subjects. Also, I celebrate it by drinking the tasty and delightfully memorable and expensive Monkey Tea, putting monkeys in my blood stream and feeling it kick the sickness out of my sinuses. Fall is my favorite of all seasons, and worth using up the last of my present ‘o tea from Q from a while ago.
Plus, it gives me an excuse to go on a rambling review of tea! Hurrah! Seriously though, just as an exercize for those who are as obsessed with tea as I am – go buy the *expensive* green tea you occasionally run across. I mean, the $20/100 grams kind of expensive. Be careful when you’re brewing it, so you get to notice the taste difference. Now, you know how when you drink *good* black tea – the difference in kick you get from it – alertness, caffeine, flavour, sensation going down, versus regular bulk package red rose stuff? Now, take all the green tea we usually get, and assume that most of it is the equivalent to the red rose stuff. Rare/expensive green tea has the same –oomph- going down and in your mouth. I don’t mean it’s bitter, any more so than regular green tea can get, but there is a finesse to everything about it that makes me crave it more every time I have it. Mmmmm.. Monkey tea. Bad for bank account, good for the rest of me. *^_^*
What else is on my brain? The fabulousness of my brothers. How incredibly lucky I am to have siblings who are as inspiring and loving as mine, without being intrusive in any fashion about what I do or how I choose to live my life. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I can’t say it enough. I only hope I’m half as good for them as they are for me.
Vacations to Taiwan will cost me what, exactly? I’m currently trying to estimate it, so I can plan for next year. I blame an elder brother for that new and peculiar brain obsession. He wants me to travel. Heh. Foolish mortal, I will seduce the world with my spicy brain, and then what will happen?
Urrm. What else? Lately, I’ve been dreaming again. Not once in a while, but multiple times a night. Anyone who hasn’t heard me mention dreams in the past knows that I regard them as a temporary death sentence for my state of mental health and/or comfort. Apparently my brain is trying to change that opinion, because these aren’t disturbing ones. Not sexy ones either, sadly. Just ones that involve conspiracies, or spying on people, or cleverness in some fashion. Or sharks, or random things my brain decides to throw in there. Yet there isn’t any terror or emphasis on anything in particular, just general messages or stories that can be pulled out of them. For the first time since I can remember, the themes wind up being heartening ones, or quietly comforting ones. I’m waking up with something comforting there, some sensation of love and contentment that I can wrap myself up in, for the first time since Q and I were still together. The fact that this comes from simply me being in my own life, in my own skin, in my own warm bed with a cat or two keeping watch over me, is probably (by leaps and bounds) the strangest thing to happen to me in years.
Whatever PTB (Powers That Be) love me lately, whatever I did to cause it, I just pray I don’t do anything to jinx it. ‘Cause damn, I’m enjoying the high.
Plus, it gives me an excuse to go on a rambling review of tea! Hurrah! Seriously though, just as an exercize for those who are as obsessed with tea as I am – go buy the *expensive* green tea you occasionally run across. I mean, the $20/100 grams kind of expensive. Be careful when you’re brewing it, so you get to notice the taste difference. Now, you know how when you drink *good* black tea – the difference in kick you get from it – alertness, caffeine, flavour, sensation going down, versus regular bulk package red rose stuff? Now, take all the green tea we usually get, and assume that most of it is the equivalent to the red rose stuff. Rare/expensive green tea has the same –oomph- going down and in your mouth. I don’t mean it’s bitter, any more so than regular green tea can get, but there is a finesse to everything about it that makes me crave it more every time I have it. Mmmmm.. Monkey tea. Bad for bank account, good for the rest of me. *^_^*
What else is on my brain? The fabulousness of my brothers. How incredibly lucky I am to have siblings who are as inspiring and loving as mine, without being intrusive in any fashion about what I do or how I choose to live my life. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I can’t say it enough. I only hope I’m half as good for them as they are for me.
Vacations to Taiwan will cost me what, exactly? I’m currently trying to estimate it, so I can plan for next year. I blame an elder brother for that new and peculiar brain obsession. He wants me to travel. Heh. Foolish mortal, I will seduce the world with my spicy brain, and then what will happen?
Urrm. What else? Lately, I’ve been dreaming again. Not once in a while, but multiple times a night. Anyone who hasn’t heard me mention dreams in the past knows that I regard them as a temporary death sentence for my state of mental health and/or comfort. Apparently my brain is trying to change that opinion, because these aren’t disturbing ones. Not sexy ones either, sadly. Just ones that involve conspiracies, or spying on people, or cleverness in some fashion. Or sharks, or random things my brain decides to throw in there. Yet there isn’t any terror or emphasis on anything in particular, just general messages or stories that can be pulled out of them. For the first time since I can remember, the themes wind up being heartening ones, or quietly comforting ones. I’m waking up with something comforting there, some sensation of love and contentment that I can wrap myself up in, for the first time since Q and I were still together. The fact that this comes from simply me being in my own life, in my own skin, in my own warm bed with a cat or two keeping watch over me, is probably (by leaps and bounds) the strangest thing to happen to me in years.
Whatever PTB (Powers That Be) love me lately, whatever I did to cause it, I just pray I don’t do anything to jinx it. ‘Cause damn, I’m enjoying the high.
Labels: Happy Creatures, Rambling

3 Comments:
At 1:25 AM,
Anonymous said…
something special about that tea
At 11:15 AM,
Quinn said…
hopefully these dreams don't involve you elbowing the cats in your sleep too... ( ;
At 8:33 PM,
TMNinja said…
No, no. The cats a)do not, somehow, get elbowed in my sleep, and b) are not foolish enough to place themselves anywhere they could get elbowed. :P
Post a Comment
<< Home