With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I swear paper breeds...

I have been dejunking! I am actually heeding the lessons learned last time I moved and getting rid of stuff. A lot of stuff, considering what little I've touched. Huzzah! I'm taking a page from my brothers' books and realizing that I actually need very little, and that most of what I keep is highly replaceable. I just can't stand *waste*, so I've been attempting to find homes for it all.

That being said, anyone want plants? I have LOTS!

I have been tackling my office/desk area tonight, and I see no difference in it's outward appearance after 2 hours. Hrm.

Also, thanks to prompting from CT, I've been looking through poetry today. If anyone wants to pass on to me their favorite poems or poets, I'd be thrilled, both for the chance to read them and learn a little more about my friends, and so I can pass them on to someone who would appreciate them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Half a stanza from Ode to a Violin in California by Pablo Neruda:

    It was a pattern of incendiary sound,
    a spiral of musical contours,
    and I went on searching
    street by street
    for the dark violin's
    lifeline,
    the source submerged in silence.
    Finally, there
    he was,
    at the entrance to a bar:
    a man and his
    hungry violin.

    From Ode to a box of tea:

    Box of tea
    from
    elephant country,
    now a worn
    sewing box,
    small planetarium of buttons:
    you brought
    into the house
    a sacred,
    unplaceable scent,
    as if you had come from another planet.

    [...]

    Box of tea,
    like my
    own heart
    you arrived bearing
    stories,
    thrills,
    eyes
    that had held
    fabulous petals in their gaze
    and also, yes
    that
    lost scent
    of tea, of jasmine and of dreams,
    that scent of wandering spring.

    Bare November Tree - John V. Hicks

    The click click click I heard in the
    bare November tree
    was two skulls kissing

    tooth to tooth a cold lovemaking

    (a branch through sightless
    sockets grown
    to mock the single-
    seasoned bone?)

    I but half saw
    the woman-figure at my elbow
    yet who else could have willed me
    to look where she pointed

    to tear my gaze away
    fix it on forsaken nest
    on shrivel of leaf dancing from one
    knobbed twig

    on the round hunter's rim
    climbing the clocking hill

    Hope my spacing holds. If not, let me know, and I'll tack it on my lj.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home