With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hooked, Rooked, and Likin' It.

So finally the inevitable has occurred (yes, W, I know that you will snicker wickedly to yourself and take credit for my slow downhill slide to gamerdom) - I am now to be co-ST-ing a game. Sometime in the next year.

Le Sigh. The Tall Man and I began discussing ideas for running a magic-themed LARP, and it snowballed from there. The system is a loose adaptation of what he's currently using to run Dustbowl Prophets. I goggle enviously at his ability to set up and tweak game systems to affect the flow of play to the tone we desire. Much work must still be done. However, it means that the effort involved in ST-ing will be significantly less than what I'm used to seeing game organizers have to do.

Interest may be appropriately directed to his blog, as that is where most people currently look for game mechanics stuff here in Edmonton anyways.

My brain is mush, for pulling an all-nighter after brainstorming a new game concept = bad. I'm sure that there are other note-worthy events in my life currently, but I don't remember them. Everything else is still at it's usual standard - I haven't done near enough packing for the upcoming move, or job applications as I would like, I have far too many things I want to attend in the next week, and I need a drink. I'm currently debating whether to clean this sty or sleep. For most people this wouldn't even be a question pondered, but I'm neurotic. Hoorah. Everyone can just deal.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Levi said…

    "Interest may be appropriately directed to his blog, as that is where most people currently look for game mechanics stuff here in Edmonton anyways."

    Uh....

    WHAT?

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tee hee. I'm so amused. Also, jealous that I missed an interesting LARP yakitty-yak session. Still, now there's a pirate game in the works, so I'm happy. Also jump-started my brain a bit for Haunting stuff, which is also good.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Levi said…

    So, Kim, should we invite you the next time we babble?

    Be warned: You might end up with your initials on the game, too.

    And "LK-TS-KL" looks odd as hell.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad T doesn't have an initial in common with us.... Wait! My middle name starts with S. Maybe we can create a crazy amalgam of letters and pretentiously claim to be really avant-guard because of it.

    Or not. I have to finish Haunting first.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Pixie said…

    Pirates and Magic? Oh, me, me, pick me!!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Levi said…

    Pixie:

    Not till 2008. But follow the link; my journal is a like, 90% Larp, and has a few posts on the game already.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger TMNinja said…

    By my comment, I -meant- that if people want more details (when we may start it, rules, debates thereon, etc..) I'll just let them look for them on Levi's blog, rather than waste the effort in repeating it all.

    And my full initials are H.A.S.
    LK HAS KL?

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The credit is all yours, T, all yours. It won't keep me from snickering, however. ;) Well done.

    --WL

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LK HAS KL

    That? Is absolutely hilarious.

    Also, in case you were curious, Haunting is trundling along quite nicely. Likely a 2008 release date but I expect the text to be mostly done before then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home