With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jury is still out...

on whether or not this week has caused me to hate people enough to begin hermiting again. I blame my sales job. However, rather than focus on that, I'd like to focus on the very nice man - Joe, from Yellowknife - who offered to throw the very large item I purchased this morning into the back of his truck and follow me home with it. And then cart it up three flights of stairs. *^_^* Note - this was not a guy who worked at the store, or knew me, or anything - just the friend of the guy at the store, who is in town on holidays. People who take time out of their time off to do random cool things for people deserve much praise! And beer, though I didn't have any to offer him.

My cats are currently pleased, and sitting high up on the kitty gym/perch/thing staring out the window and fighting over the highest spot. Not quite the same as a backyard, but it's an improvement. Really, anything that makes them less fat.

In other news, I have not kept up with my job app homework, so I will be chaining myself at home to work on it until I catch up.

I may also have gotten myself into gaming that I maybe shouldn't have. Potentially, a Dogs in the Vineyard game (if someone decides to organize it - ~pokes~), and the game my roomie is putting together to start. I've decided that I think I don't really make all that good a player (presence too inconsistant) and I'm too lazy for a storyteller, but that I'm a really really good dealer of storyteller brain crack. :) Come on, bounce ideas off me - I dare you. I don't think he got any sleep last night, having fled the conversation to write stuff down before he forgot any of it. Plotting is fun! He is also full of religious brain crack for me (bringing back memories of conversations with C), which has my brain attempting to go in several different directions simultaneously (none of them involving jobs).

Argh. Distractionaries!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger W said…

    Is it wrong that my brain went "Hmm dee dee daa da...wha...Dogs in the Vineyard? Coolness. Good for Thea."

    My mental priorities clearly show when I skim people's blog posts. :)

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger TMNinja said…

    You always see what you're looking for or thinking about. Rarely what you're not, unless you're bored. Which, I suppose, if you're sitting around reading my blog you probably are.

    Hrmm... so diagnosis is that yes, 'tis wrong of your brain. :P You may make it up for me by convincing K (The Special Hell link off this blog) to run the LARP she has been giggling about and not telling me about. She and L were also oo!! Ahhh! about Prometheus, which should also be run here in Edmonton so I can play. No one but K and S&E nag me to game here in Edmonton, and they don't do it much. No one has taken your place yet as my gaming pimp.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't run the LARP until I figure out how to make the damn thing work. It's still missing something.

    And also, am working towards getting DitV running. I'm just so tired this week.... Bleah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home