With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 16, 2007

Oops!

So, in my manic phase this weekend (read: my frustration with my ridiculously slow computer), I went through and did all the computer maintenance that was way past overdue - disk cleanup, getting rid of old files from having been networked with Quinn's computer, etc... I cleared up a *lot* of space. My computer is much faster. I unfortunately seem to have, without realizing how, accidentally un-installed my internet. All the setup files, etc... - GONE.

Thus, to any of you I was supposed to get back to over the weekend, I apologize for my spazziness and my tempting of Fate & Irony. Because, y'know, I have no hands, and can't use a phone. What, me? I'm not typing right now. Not with hands. Nope - not me.

Anyways. This week has been exhausting, and hasn't left me much time for you folks (or me really either). Work is insane, I discover that my mother has celiac's (and that I may be developing it as well - whee!), and my baby cousin (one of the very premature triplets) just died from brain underdevelopment and other complications.

While none of these constitute a crisis in and of themselves, they leave me just wishing for a few more hours in a day. To sleep, to read, to smell the roses (or let the whiny imperial felines out on the deck to gawk at crows), to pray for other people I know presently in crappier situations than me (and maybe just hope a little of that goodwill comes back around eventually).

I just *know* I'm going to wind up on my deathbed (having been going like a bat-outta-hell the last how many decades), used up, exhausted and giggling and emphatically protesting '..but I haven't had enough time yet to.. ' ~insert croaking noises here~. No wise and solemn summaries on life, or advice to those still about to live a while. Yep. So going to be me.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heyo. Re: celiac - if you need any info, I know more about the small intestine than I really want to, and if I don't know, my parents do, so go ahead and ask. Plus I make a kickass gf banana bread.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Yeorgos said…

    oy oy
    Sounds like no fun. Although I think your belief regarding your deathbed wishlist is inaccurate. I think you care enough about others that the finality of your imminent passing would redirect your concerns outward.
    But that is a dark comment I guess.
    Go outside! Get some sunshine! Sharpen the kitties claws! If you feel like you may use them, sharpen yours! Gabe will be in PA for the summer for work...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home