Medical aid.
Today has left me 'medically in need of a drink' (in the apt words of a co-worker). Today was the company golf tournament. It left a few unfortunates in the office to hold down the fort. Myself being one of those. It's one thing to be the only person in your department. It's another entirely to be doing the job of three people, with no one even in related departments available or doing any better, on a day when people phone, not with inquiries, but problems that need more time and patience and to be solved.
A co-worker foolishly made the mistake of assuming that I was his beeatch and should jump to help him, regardless of my circumstances. He started correcting me and yelling at me for it when I disagreed with him. He made the mistake of doing this today.
I'm immensely comforted by the fact that I can still pull out the 'reasonable yet rock-hard b*tch' part of me on command. I *like* people generally, and love helping them, but occasionally just don't give a f*ck. Especially with whiny 21-year old children.
mm... alcohol. I am full of the feeling of roomie-love. *^_^*
I am full of the writin' of the letters to people far away, and contemplating doing job stuff. And the contemplatin' of the presents and treasure hunts for small bored children.
Am also contemplatin' more packing and dejunking so I don't have to move as much *stuff*. I have a lot of stuff. I visited a brother the other day and felt great envy at his lack of stuff.
On the plus side though (provided I don't become horribly sick this weekend), I haven't been sick lately. Just sleep deprived. Wheeeeee, with the lack of sleep! I should go find sleep. I need IQ points again.
A co-worker foolishly made the mistake of assuming that I was his beeatch and should jump to help him, regardless of my circumstances. He started correcting me and yelling at me for it when I disagreed with him. He made the mistake of doing this today.
I'm immensely comforted by the fact that I can still pull out the 'reasonable yet rock-hard b*tch' part of me on command. I *like* people generally, and love helping them, but occasionally just don't give a f*ck. Especially with whiny 21-year old children.
mm... alcohol. I am full of the feeling of roomie-love. *^_^*
I am full of the writin' of the letters to people far away, and contemplating doing job stuff. And the contemplatin' of the presents and treasure hunts for small bored children.
Am also contemplatin' more packing and dejunking so I don't have to move as much *stuff*. I have a lot of stuff. I visited a brother the other day and felt great envy at his lack of stuff.
On the plus side though (provided I don't become horribly sick this weekend), I haven't been sick lately. Just sleep deprived. Wheeeeee, with the lack of sleep! I should go find sleep. I need IQ points again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home