Boot to the head.
So, I have a new addition to my list of 'grossest things ever'.
My addition to this venerable list, which includes uncomfortable underwear and eyelid sweat, is the sensation/taste of blood pooling at the back of your throat whilest being too utterly terrified to move.
Yes, I had my upper wisdom teeth removed today. I have T3's and no drug tolerance - I should be fine. I hope. I hope they kick in soon.
In other news, a very sweet, strong, talented woman passed away recently, and I got the news today. Though I hadn't kept the greatest contact with her, my world is still a sadder place with the thought that she isn't around anymore to fill the great space of laughter that she did. My hope is that everyone who knew her will take her passing as a not-so-subtle boot to the head to go on and party - laugh and make others laugh, love, stay loyal to those who love you, and kick them in the head occasionally when they do stupid things. I know that everyone that knew her *well* was already inspired to do that from her example.
Thus, I offer up to her a tip o' my hat and a wink, and hope that her journey to bliss is filled with the fanfare, pretty ribbons and magic carpet ride I know she richly deserves.
Maybe this makes me sappy, but in her honour, I deliver up a boot to the head to everyone who reads this, and tell you to go and makes sure to tell someone you love that you love them. Especially if you haven't for a while. Sometimes, those few words, even quickly spoken as a goodbye, are the very *best* part of a person's entire day. I know that's often the case for me (note: thank you thank you to the adoreable frenchwoman - you rock). They're free, people - use them if you mean them.
Now, I go to curl up in the ball of pain which is my skull. Adieu, lovely people!
My addition to this venerable list, which includes uncomfortable underwear and eyelid sweat, is the sensation/taste of blood pooling at the back of your throat whilest being too utterly terrified to move.
Yes, I had my upper wisdom teeth removed today. I have T3's and no drug tolerance - I should be fine. I hope. I hope they kick in soon.
In other news, a very sweet, strong, talented woman passed away recently, and I got the news today. Though I hadn't kept the greatest contact with her, my world is still a sadder place with the thought that she isn't around anymore to fill the great space of laughter that she did. My hope is that everyone who knew her will take her passing as a not-so-subtle boot to the head to go on and party - laugh and make others laugh, love, stay loyal to those who love you, and kick them in the head occasionally when they do stupid things. I know that everyone that knew her *well* was already inspired to do that from her example.
Thus, I offer up to her a tip o' my hat and a wink, and hope that her journey to bliss is filled with the fanfare, pretty ribbons and magic carpet ride I know she richly deserves.
Maybe this makes me sappy, but in her honour, I deliver up a boot to the head to everyone who reads this, and tell you to go and makes sure to tell someone you love that you love them. Especially if you haven't for a while. Sometimes, those few words, even quickly spoken as a goodbye, are the very *best* part of a person's entire day. I know that's often the case for me (note: thank you thank you to the adoreable frenchwoman - you rock). They're free, people - use them if you mean them.
Now, I go to curl up in the ball of pain which is my skull. Adieu, lovely people!

1 Comments:
At 6:30 AM,
Anonymous said…
Haha, nothing wrong with being sappy. I agree with your telling someone how you feel approach, life is a very fragile thing and not enough do people express their simple emotions for those who matter in the life, other then the people they have to routinely tell that they love 'em.
I'd give a shout out, bt that list would be insane... you'd be on it, and a few people who frequent your blog, but I do tell them how I feel when I can... time is my most desperate commodity lately... followed closely by lack of money and short supply of productive ambition :p
But I will leave with this note...
You are an angel, sweet as morning dew and vengeful as a stormy sea, but you have always been one of those people who helped me along my bumpy road, even from your simple lending an ear to my endless rantings, to smiling at my bad jokes... and they are bad! I'm mad at the world that more time could not be spent with you, for I enjoy your company and miss our crazy conversations, and if I were to dissapear tomarrow, you'd still know that I faded away missing you, because I'm predictable in my need for human connection.
I have missed you all along (^_^)
... but enough with my sappiness myself, I have a semi-productive day planned and I hope things don't go crazy! haha
Later Thea
P.S. I hate being so predictable in my weaknesses... *sigh* :p
P.P.S. How's the violin treating you?
Post a Comment
<< Home