With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Holidays are exhausting...

I realize that this statement isn't exactly a revelation for most of you. For me, however, it means that my busy social schedule (at least, of late) performed the equivalent of putting itself on a massive sugar+caffiene buzz for over two weeks.

The buzz has worn off. The crash has arrived. My major accomplishment of the past two weeks was not eating anyone in the last 24 hours. I don't mean that as an exaggeration. I haven't felt this hostile in months, which is saying something.

I arrived back in Edmonton after visiting fabulous C & K & Baby H. Who are cool enough that no matter how worn of people I am, visiting with them still feels comfy and happy and is something I want to go out of my way to do. Missing before I'm half done the trek home sucks, though. They should move to Edmonton. *pokes at them*

The moments I would like to extend my holiday boots and salutes to (in honor of crappy Prince Albert radio) are:
Salutes
- introducing and addicting little brother to Invader ZIM!!
- short work weeks
- watching Baby H freak out and play in (and out, and in, and out...) the 'Cave' (tent) I brought her, until her carrot hair has a permanent Einstein hairdo
- realizing I have now met more than two other people in my entire life who will gladly give me foot rubs
- getting presents which were not only awesome, but all but one of which were complete surprises!
Boots
- realizing how stupid I've been to cut myself short of sleep and downtime, and how long it's going to take before I'm going to look forward to people other than a one-on-one basis
- leaving a Ney Years party, only to realize that the dogs in the house must have been knawing at the laces and managed to rip one of the hooks out (and thus tear a hole in the top of my boot)... old boots, but still.. this means I must look for new ones.. :(
- parties where most of the people I don't know, don't like, or are connected to very uncomfortable social situations. Boo-urns

Started cleaning tonight, but am too tired to have accomplished much yet other than organizing and picture hanging, in spite the grumpy spirit which usually fuels my scrubbing tendancies. Supper at some point might help.

Hopefully, all ye readers had a fancy shindig of a holiday too.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You make me feel special! Yay!

    I hope that the parties reference doesn't mean you had a shitty time at the new year's party...but it would fit the bill, I suppose.

    I am glad that you had a good time here, anyway.

    Refuel and reboot! Tea, books and cats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home