With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm back to weird again? Maybe?

So, being bored at home last night, I discovered something:
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/greek-mythology.php?deity=CERCOPES

Guess what happens if I ever have children? *^_^* I always wanted unmanageable little thieves as mine own!

In other news, my finances have forced a quieting of my life as of late. I admit, as annoying as it is to worry about that again, it's kind of nice not to be running around like a madwoman. That's not to say that I don't miss those of you whom I haven't seen, or were supposed to go for coffee, supper, etc.. with. I would, but I simply don't have time/effort/$. Soon, I promise.

As well, insomnia has become my bedfellow again, necessitating a day off work because I actually hadn't slept for an entire night. This unwelcome bedfellow has, however, prompted me into a better sleep schedule a) because I want some sleep, no matter when I get it or what free time I sacrifice in it's pursuit, and b) because getting up at 6 rather than 7 AM makes the entire day go better. Don't ask me why my brain is wired this way - I don't know. If I get up at 6 AM, I'm even borderline cheery. After 7 AM, don't talk to me. My cats approve of their lazy human moving earlier.

Not much of note. Have achieved a gradual cleaning of apartment, and even organizing! There is floor space where once there was none.

Have been doing an awful lot of reading lately. It's keeping me wanting to do things with my life other than distract myself from the fact that it's slowly slipping through my fingers, days and weeks at a time. Started looking at my resume again too, rather forlornly. I realize that maybe my brain is still programmed on an academic schedule - everyone else is starting new classes and semesters of study, and my brain doesn't want to be left out.

I've also been watching, with no small amount of nostalgia, the "Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman" TV series on DVD, thanks to my roomie. On that note, I have to say that it's rather disturbing to look back on things you used to watch as a kid and realize where some of your preferences in romantic partners were modeled. And by rather, I mean a *lot* disturbing. Oh well. *^_^* It's cheesy and I love it.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh, glad I'm not the only whose life is slipping through her fingers...

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, it's not like being busy all the time keeps it from slipping away. Then it just feels like it's been slipping away behind our backs.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But it is good to hear that you are reading and relaxing some, though the insomnia sucks.

    You needed to slow down for a bit.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to love that show too...

    Time may feel like it's slipping away - but it will keep marching on no matter whether you are busy or slowed down.

    So enjoy the time going slow for a while - there's years left to take it fast.

    I've been starting to reread my books again. I had missed my books and it's good to hear you're reading yours.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On a completely unrelated topic, but I've lost email...

    http://fogonazos.blogspot.com/2007/01/aquadom-worlds-largest-cylindrical.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home