Brrr...
So, I have the lovelies S and M to thank yesterday for my current state of sanity. They *took me out of the city*! Anyone who has done this knows it has strange effects on my brain. To clarify: I hate cities. I hate them with a passion I have rarely known for things. When I’m in them for too long, it feels as though this blanket settles on me, makes it difficult to breathe, drags my spirits down, and generally makes me more erratic and unpleasant.
I got to play at the beach. *^_^* In the water, where there are choppy waves and wind and cold. I repeat – and COLD. But, on any to-the-lake exclursion I’ve ever been on, there’s always been one poor fool to go into the water when it’s far too cold. Until yesterday, I had managed to avoid being said fool and was always the one to simply laugh at them. But, I had the urge, and it’s tradition.
I do not have hypothermia or any sort of lake disease. I am, in fact, much much healthier since playing around in the water and freezing my ass off in the wind, and my cold has not appeared since then at all. I did yesterday suffer a brief spell of ‘my hair smells like lake algae’, but I’m okay with that, since it didn’t cause the company of pretty women to flee me in disgust.
This has reminded me of how desperately I need a vacation. One where I’m not frantically trying to cram in stuff that needs to get done. One where I simply go someplace I’m not usually in, one with lots of trees and rocks and rocks and trees and water – all the things that always make me happy.
Also, I lament the fact that the upcoming weekend 'o babysitting (only TWO of them this time!) will keep me from my roomie's Day of Decay party planned. ~sighs~ I'll have to do something evil to him earlier in the day on friday. Suggestions are welcome. ;)
I got to play at the beach. *^_^* In the water, where there are choppy waves and wind and cold. I repeat – and COLD. But, on any to-the-lake exclursion I’ve ever been on, there’s always been one poor fool to go into the water when it’s far too cold. Until yesterday, I had managed to avoid being said fool and was always the one to simply laugh at them. But, I had the urge, and it’s tradition.
I do not have hypothermia or any sort of lake disease. I am, in fact, much much healthier since playing around in the water and freezing my ass off in the wind, and my cold has not appeared since then at all. I did yesterday suffer a brief spell of ‘my hair smells like lake algae’, but I’m okay with that, since it didn’t cause the company of pretty women to flee me in disgust.
This has reminded me of how desperately I need a vacation. One where I’m not frantically trying to cram in stuff that needs to get done. One where I simply go someplace I’m not usually in, one with lots of trees and rocks and rocks and trees and water – all the things that always make me happy.
Also, I lament the fact that the upcoming weekend 'o babysitting (only TWO of them this time!) will keep me from my roomie's Day of Decay party planned. ~sighs~ I'll have to do something evil to him earlier in the day on friday. Suggestions are welcome. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home