With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Food experiments and other news...

So, an update.

I am brilliant. This past week, I managed to give myself a fat lip, in two parts. Mid-week - chopped down on the right side. Friday - trying to get the order desk boys unstuck from the middle of the aisle. Bumped stock on the shelves, to have many metal square chucks of something that some people consider a useful part come bash into the left side. ~insert sounds of whimpering at the bleeding, and the more bleeding~

Friday night - photo shoot. Full of blasphemy, festive jingling clothing, straining my neck during some ungodly painful pose, and *more* jingly adorable clothing! Yes, I'm in love. I will learn to belly dance for the excuse to wear something that adorably loud and JINGLY!

Saturday - coffee with old friends and much, much needed downtime. Insert feet in mouth. Rinse, repeat.

Today, movie with Q and the continuation of the great food experiments!

Last week's killers and thrillers:

Chrysanthmum tea beverage - an odd sort of sweet taste, and you get to learn very distinctly what the difference between a normal 'chilled tea beverage' and a chilled tea beverage with chrysanthmum actually is. Taste, good, plus the experience of actually being able to distinguish the taste of a new specific flavour/ingredient makes this a thriller.

Pennywort chilled tea beverage - mildly sweet, with a strange, vaguely minty aftertaste. I had a comparison to describe it accurately at one point. Plus side - the only ingredient with any flavour is the pennywort itself. Downside - it doesn't actually taste that good. Experience says - this tastes *horrendous* while eating anything else with any sweetness to it. I can't say I hated it, or that it was bad, but I would only ever eat it with salad (or similar) due to the bad combination of tastes. Diagnosis - killer. I'm sure it's very good for you though!

This week's killers and thrillers:
Star fruit juice. You would think, from the sounds of it, that this would be tasty. Star fruit is tasty. Star fruit juice beverage is NOT. Q claims it tastes like vomit. I'm more charitable than that, but not by very much. It had *SALT* in it, for god's sake. Salt. And the texture was dubious, especially for a beverage. Killer.

Jia Jia tea & milk beverage - tasty. Can I say more? Mildly sweet, mixed with milk, chilled tea (of some sort, not generic iced tea - like rooibos+black tea combo - lovely). Simple, not precisely exotic or anything, but definately worth buying again.

Purchases made from the asian market in West Ed mall. I intend on Sunday being official food experimentation day. Beware those who visit with me on Sundays, I may make you join me in the tasting.

10 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and the "Cool Jai Jai Juice" was actually pretty good, it was a "sipping" beverage, but pretty good all the same. But then, anything that describes itself as "Cool" must be good.

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try Durian, It is an exprience... trust me

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a friend named Dorian, we used to always tell him that he smelled bad, but then we would lick him and tell him that he tasted good though. He didn't seem to appreciate it much.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That reminds me of when my friend Gordon told me " Your big, dumb and strong "... I replied simply with " You said I'm Strronng ".

    But it hurt on the inside... after all laughing sometimes does (^_^)

    Friends can be cruel, but taking a joke comes natural to those who used to to be picked on and is now a very useful talent.

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll have to find out for me what bubble tea is. As a tea freak of discerning tastes (Discerning, Carla..not picky...not a tea snob, but discerning!), I have been curious about and mildly repulsed by the idea of bubble tea, but have of course never bothered to find out what it is, since it is mainly served by starbucks and I am loath to set foot inside one....

    Maybe there is some non-chain, locally owned coffee shop or tea house in Edmonton that serves it.

    Meow.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Gordon and Amy have bubble tea at home... I think

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caiti! Turks' on 2nd has bubble tea.

    God, I hope you're the Caitlin I know. Otherwise, that will make no sense.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger xenophile said…

    Hey, the next time you're in Saskatoon, check out Fusion downtown on the corner of 2nd and 22nd (behind the Starbucks). It's a sushi place that does bubble tea.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am the Caitilin you know, Dice.

    Thanks all!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am the Caitilin you know, Dice.

    Thanks all!AThanks all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home