Running on Fumes...
For the first time in... a while... I find myself with a couple chunks of time where I have nothing I *have* to do. Nothing scheduled, no place to be (thankfully, in the unholy heat that is this city). So of course, I'm down in my nerd cave letting my brain play with gaming stuff.
Really, I should be working on SC'd. 'Cause it's my b.. ~ahem~ *our* baby. (See, I corrected myself! Yay me!) The magic section thus far has nothing worked out definately, just some stuff discussed. Only about a third of the major, noteworthy mechanics have been investigated, let alone some of the cooler, yet important to play, boundaries laid out for it. ~sighs~
And yet, I find myself procrastinating by going over Microcosm, thrown at my by my CoST (The Tall Man), because of discussions of GM-less systems. Instead of deciding, as I should be, how detailed I want each theme/style of magic to be, etc...
Let's see. Weekend thus far is full of overheating. Was called yesterday to help with the painting of J&C's new house. Which was fun, except for the closet. Enclosed space, unholy heat, paint fumes, lots of nit-picky little edges and corners that took too long. And at one point I narrowly avoided breaking my own neck with the Pixie. With her painting on the other side of the closet entrance, I made use of a euphemism from Stitch 'n Bitch and causing flailing. My position at the time was bad - by this I mean head and neck against closet shelf ledge, while on tiptoes, etc... in a position to break my neck should any weight be put against me. Thankfully, she flailed the other way. But good times were had - political incorrectness, painting each other occasionally, etc...
Also, never paint with boys. I say this on the same principle that 'never shop for shoes with boys' can be said and understood.
What else? Once again, my time has become the premium commodity in my life right now. I'm setting up a schedule already, and if you don't have something already booked with me, chances are slim that it will happen. Doesn't mean one shouldn't bother inviting me to things, but don't be surprised if the answer is no. I have people I care about who need me right now, or who need me not to need them, or who I would like to be in a position to help. Thus, I will stop being whiny and emo about my life and *do* shit for once.
Which, of course, means I need sleep. And a sleep schedule. I simply cannot continue to run on fumes (ie 4 - 5 hrs sleep a night) the way I have been lately. Which is the reason why my body put me to bed at just after 9 last night. Yes, this was my exciting friday night - sleep! I slept for 12 hours and really just desperately want to go back to sleep, dispite being dreadfully alert at the moment, and fearing that my series of dreams involving all of my ex's will continue somehow if I go back to bed. Stupid brain.
Really, I should be working on SC'd. 'Cause it's my b.. ~ahem~ *our* baby. (See, I corrected myself! Yay me!) The magic section thus far has nothing worked out definately, just some stuff discussed. Only about a third of the major, noteworthy mechanics have been investigated, let alone some of the cooler, yet important to play, boundaries laid out for it. ~sighs~
And yet, I find myself procrastinating by going over Microcosm, thrown at my by my CoST (The Tall Man), because of discussions of GM-less systems. Instead of deciding, as I should be, how detailed I want each theme/style of magic to be, etc...
Let's see. Weekend thus far is full of overheating. Was called yesterday to help with the painting of J&C's new house. Which was fun, except for the closet. Enclosed space, unholy heat, paint fumes, lots of nit-picky little edges and corners that took too long. And at one point I narrowly avoided breaking my own neck with the Pixie. With her painting on the other side of the closet entrance, I made use of a euphemism from Stitch 'n Bitch and causing flailing. My position at the time was bad - by this I mean head and neck against closet shelf ledge, while on tiptoes, etc... in a position to break my neck should any weight be put against me. Thankfully, she flailed the other way. But good times were had - political incorrectness, painting each other occasionally, etc...
Also, never paint with boys. I say this on the same principle that 'never shop for shoes with boys' can be said and understood.
What else? Once again, my time has become the premium commodity in my life right now. I'm setting up a schedule already, and if you don't have something already booked with me, chances are slim that it will happen. Doesn't mean one shouldn't bother inviting me to things, but don't be surprised if the answer is no. I have people I care about who need me right now, or who need me not to need them, or who I would like to be in a position to help. Thus, I will stop being whiny and emo about my life and *do* shit for once.
Which, of course, means I need sleep. And a sleep schedule. I simply cannot continue to run on fumes (ie 4 - 5 hrs sleep a night) the way I have been lately. Which is the reason why my body put me to bed at just after 9 last night. Yes, this was my exciting friday night - sleep! I slept for 12 hours and really just desperately want to go back to sleep, dispite being dreadfully alert at the moment, and fearing that my series of dreams involving all of my ex's will continue somehow if I go back to bed. Stupid brain.
Labels: Updates

1 Comments:
At 7:13 AM,
Anonymous said…
Aww, poor teamonkey! I know your pain of not sleep with energy sapping heat. BTW, this is King_of_Light, Lakira's girl. I wish to know if we're still seriously planning for a tea party this monday.
Mostly cause my girl has given me pretty eyes and asked for a day that is "not scheduled" for anything specific.
So I wish to reschedule our tea party day if that is doable with you?
King
Post a Comment
<< Home