People rock.
As much as mayhap I've railed against the crappy people in my life, I've come to the conclusion that life is mocking me. Kindly perhaps, but nonetheless...
Upon moving to Edmonton, getting out and socializing much was daunting. Sometimes still is. For I don't *know* the people here. And I'm used to crappy people. However, the more I get out and do something other than hide under a rock, the more life mocks me by continuing to throw awesome people in my direction.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I'm not complaining. :)
Sunday night ST/ST plot ho/random-people-cuddling discussion night is a perfect example. The moment I want & need cuddly people in Edmonton with brains of mass twistiness that I can be comfortably geeky around, I get them. Being spoiled like that is nice.
And bespeaking of spoiled, gosh! G, L, S, D, C - you are full of the awesomeness of the world. Massages are love, and I love you for giving me them. I might even survive the packing of all my sh*t now that I can go someplace and get my back and shoulders fixed!
Also, now that I have too little time to get my own affairs comfortably in order, I find that S has both a *good* violin and a lap harp in her house, and that J-M can sing. I am going to organize a music learning/jam night or afternoon for the group of us who can sort-of-but-not-really/used-to-play-a-long-time-ago play either of said instruments. Who knows? J-M might even work a miracle and teach me how to sing. ~grins~ I will organize it if it kills me.
Weekend was good - no blisters from the rollerskating birthday party, either physical or social It was also the birthday party of S's past romantic involvment awkwardness! Yay! Occasionally being too clueless/uninformed to really get what was going on is really handy sometimes.
That aside, my 'unplanned' day today is already too full of stuff I know I won't completely finish, and I keep trying to add to it. Thus, I go about my day, and hope that at least one of my friends, somewhere, is learning something new and delightful and devious. :)
Upon moving to Edmonton, getting out and socializing much was daunting. Sometimes still is. For I don't *know* the people here. And I'm used to crappy people. However, the more I get out and do something other than hide under a rock, the more life mocks me by continuing to throw awesome people in my direction.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I'm not complaining. :)
Sunday night ST/ST plot ho/random-people-cuddling discussion night is a perfect example. The moment I want & need cuddly people in Edmonton with brains of mass twistiness that I can be comfortably geeky around, I get them. Being spoiled like that is nice.
And bespeaking of spoiled, gosh! G, L, S, D, C - you are full of the awesomeness of the world. Massages are love, and I love you for giving me them. I might even survive the packing of all my sh*t now that I can go someplace and get my back and shoulders fixed!
Also, now that I have too little time to get my own affairs comfortably in order, I find that S has both a *good* violin and a lap harp in her house, and that J-M can sing. I am going to organize a music learning/jam night or afternoon for the group of us who can sort-of-but-not-really/used-to-play-a-long-time-ago play either of said instruments. Who knows? J-M might even work a miracle and teach me how to sing. ~grins~ I will organize it if it kills me.
Weekend was good - no blisters from the rollerskating birthday party, either physical or social It was also the birthday party of S's past romantic involvment awkwardness! Yay! Occasionally being too clueless/uninformed to really get what was going on is really handy sometimes.
That aside, my 'unplanned' day today is already too full of stuff I know I won't completely finish, and I keep trying to add to it. Thus, I go about my day, and hope that at least one of my friends, somewhere, is learning something new and delightful and devious. :)

3 Comments:
At 12:16 AM,
Anonymous said…
I was here :)
At 2:34 PM,
Pixie said…
Speaking of Sunday night... Davyd and Myrna got a new tv and want to have a movie night at their place. Myrna was supposet to check with Star if she wanted to come but I said I'd poke you and say, Come! It'll be fun. I promise all sorts of cuddle puddle goodness ;)
At 12:53 PM,
TMNinja said…
Yay! Cuddlie-goodness is just what I need. Also, a 'packing my crap up night' but that may have to wait for a day when people aren't otherwise engaged and don't have school in the morning. Next weekend mayhap. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home