Overload! Yay!
I think I have officially reached the point of overload. Too much stuff to do, and too little time. Or rather, too little time due to the fact that I cannot spontaneously re-organize other people's schedules.
Let's see. Life at current point - broke, lacking birthday presents for family, all but around 20-30 hours of the entire next week is booked (assuming the bare minimal amount of sleep) with people and not job hunting or the searching part of house hunting, missing C and the letters I get from her, already racking up library overdue charges, eating better now that I'm the only person I'm buying food for in the house, developing a desire for far too many material things now that I have no relationship goals to strive towards and take precidence, seen far too much of my parents lately. And I think that's it. ~whew~ Stream of conciousness over now.
Seriously though - the moment a significant other is no longer in the picture, people just pounce on the chance to take up moments of my time. Not the I don't appreciate the attention from most people. Just not the overwhelming, swoop-in bird of prey style in which it's occasionally done (parents, single guys... ~sighs~). Or, as observed by recent parties, that guys I meet or know already automatically seem to think that since I'm single, I'll all-of-a-sudden find them absolutely fascinating and want to spend hours in their presence. Bah. Bah. Humbug.
On sillier happier notes, I found shinies! Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones has been made into anime by the producer of 'Spirited Away'. ~bliss~ Sooooon I shall possess thee, little DVD.
I think being in a long-term relationship seriously cut down on the overworking, overbooking, rampaging through life that my curiousity (and occasional insanity) induced in my life. Less stress and illness and neurotic development, but... I'm glad I lived on my own for as long as I did during university, because as much as I don't welcome the reason for it, being able to return to a familiar pattern is kinda nice. Or at least, not boring. Gods, left to my own devices and berefit of someone to act as entertainment, my life is anything boring. And I've only really gotten back into the swing of living this past week. Yeesh. Snowballing is going to be *so* much fun!
Let's see. Life at current point - broke, lacking birthday presents for family, all but around 20-30 hours of the entire next week is booked (assuming the bare minimal amount of sleep) with people and not job hunting or the searching part of house hunting, missing C and the letters I get from her, already racking up library overdue charges, eating better now that I'm the only person I'm buying food for in the house, developing a desire for far too many material things now that I have no relationship goals to strive towards and take precidence, seen far too much of my parents lately. And I think that's it. ~whew~ Stream of conciousness over now.
Seriously though - the moment a significant other is no longer in the picture, people just pounce on the chance to take up moments of my time. Not the I don't appreciate the attention from most people. Just not the overwhelming, swoop-in bird of prey style in which it's occasionally done (parents, single guys... ~sighs~). Or, as observed by recent parties, that guys I meet or know already automatically seem to think that since I'm single, I'll all-of-a-sudden find them absolutely fascinating and want to spend hours in their presence. Bah. Bah. Humbug.
On sillier happier notes, I found shinies! Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones has been made into anime by the producer of 'Spirited Away'. ~bliss~ Sooooon I shall possess thee, little DVD.
I think being in a long-term relationship seriously cut down on the overworking, overbooking, rampaging through life that my curiousity (and occasional insanity) induced in my life. Less stress and illness and neurotic development, but... I'm glad I lived on my own for as long as I did during university, because as much as I don't welcome the reason for it, being able to return to a familiar pattern is kinda nice. Or at least, not boring. Gods, left to my own devices and berefit of someone to act as entertainment, my life is anything boring. And I've only really gotten back into the swing of living this past week. Yeesh. Snowballing is going to be *so* much fun!

2 Comments:
At 7:52 AM,
Pixie said…
Amen sistah! Did I mention that on top of University and working "part" time and running a live mage game, I just added a theater production in Sherwood Park? I need more hours in my day....
At 9:51 AM,
TMNinja said…
Yay! You did get the call-back! ~happy dance ensues~ We need to build a time machine. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home