With A Face To The Wind...

"A man is what he thinks of all day long." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 04, 2006

Plushicidal birthday happiness...

So, yesterday I went and had lunch with W and C. Such beautiful, awful people, and I miss them terribly. Frankly, I miss any witty intellectuals I knew back in S'toon, but them especially. A good time was had. But mostly, I just miss people who've known me for a while. When they show up on my doorstep, they don't greet me with 'Hi, how are you?' types of hellos. W hands me a serrated, curved tipped wicked looking little knife. Foolish man, he should know better! Then Carla hands me a teddy bear from behind her back and wishes me a happy birthday, in memory of the days of plushicidal sacrifice and the teddy bear head-hunters. Now, every time I open the cutlery drawer, I giggle. And if I ever reach a point of rage-filled menace, I have a plush animal in the house which I may rend.

On a related cute-fuzzy-animal note: now that Q is gone from the house, the cats have been sleeping on the bed with me again. But they're *sharing* it. They never share sleeping space. It's really weird. But adorable, to wake up and find them asleep with their little heads pressed together. Either they really miss Q, or they're really happy to have sleeping space next to their human again. Not sure which, but I'm really happy to wake next to the two bundles of furs.

Propaganda was made last night for S and J-M's new mage game. I have an official title! I get to be a cheif instigator (ie ST plot ho). It makes me happy. Plus, I get to listen to ST meetings that way. Those are always entertaining.

Must go make myself presentable for family birthday supper (not mine, brother's). Adieu!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you enjoyed your present. The look on your face when I showed up and the first thing I handed you was a knife /was/ priceless, though. :) Going for lunch with you and Carla was good...makes me think that when I'm in Edmonton, I'm going to have to make a deliberate point of getting a chance to talk to you, since it's too easy not to when we don't game together. :)

    Of course, you coming down to Toontown is also good. ;)

    Take care,
    WL

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss being weird with/for you - you inspire me to strange heights, or perhaps we should call them lows. You are my absurdity muse. I mean that :)

    I have had far too much caffiene today. I went to work, and there was this order for 170 photos of teddy bears and plush toys. And they were very badly taken. The pure uselessness of their existence reminded me of why I cut all of mine up in the first place; they had no use and allowed me to start a war against clutter. I am over my brief feelings of guilt and empathy for plush creatures. May they all be ripped until their insides are their outsides :)
    ps - I had to adjust some of those images for fucking redeye!!!! the glare of the flash made them look like they wanted to jump out at me and do horrible things.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Beaker said…

    I understand completley this odd sensation of cats on a bed. Taking over for Ch__'s cats has been an interesting experience, and Smokie loves to burrow into the blankets at two in the morning, and letting me know that she hasn't got enough space by butting her head into my face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home