Blessed Brothers & Beer
So, I went to the Heritage festival in one of the parks down on the university riverbank with my older brother tonight. I expected it to be at least decent, but it was awesome. Over 50 different countries/cultures had a pavillion of some sort, most of them large and cool. Lots of dancing, tons of food.
I got to figure out what cassava tastes like (Ugandan pavillion). I refused to stand in the horrendous line to get gelato, which I really wanted. I was reminded of Quinn's stories of Italy where you get your gelato, go to the back of the line up, and in the half hour or so that you would stand around talking and eating it, you *might* be close to the front of the line again to get yourself some more.
Also, bought my favoritest munchkin a baby tiny tea set. Pretty gold trim and no flowers. When she's old enough to understand that you don't bang dishes on the table or try to throw them, she'll get it as a present so she can join me and her mama when we sit down for tea. Plus, it didn't cost that much, so if she does manage to break it at some point I won't be the least bit put out. :)
The Romanian pavillion had little of interest to observe, except for the pamphlets which advertised a Beer Festival in the middle of September. Over 30 kinds of beer from around the world, Romanian wine, supper, entertainment, etc... Bless those who peddle good beer, for they bring joy to my heart and my palate. Hee. I'm currently trying to pimp the event to others, so hopefully they will come and join in the sweet sweet beer.
All in all, a good night.
I got to figure out what cassava tastes like (Ugandan pavillion). I refused to stand in the horrendous line to get gelato, which I really wanted. I was reminded of Quinn's stories of Italy where you get your gelato, go to the back of the line up, and in the half hour or so that you would stand around talking and eating it, you *might* be close to the front of the line again to get yourself some more.
Also, bought my favoritest munchkin a baby tiny tea set. Pretty gold trim and no flowers. When she's old enough to understand that you don't bang dishes on the table or try to throw them, she'll get it as a present so she can join me and her mama when we sit down for tea. Plus, it didn't cost that much, so if she does manage to break it at some point I won't be the least bit put out. :)
The Romanian pavillion had little of interest to observe, except for the pamphlets which advertised a Beer Festival in the middle of September. Over 30 kinds of beer from around the world, Romanian wine, supper, entertainment, etc... Bless those who peddle good beer, for they bring joy to my heart and my palate. Hee. I'm currently trying to pimp the event to others, so hopefully they will come and join in the sweet sweet beer.
All in all, a good night.

1 Comments:
At 10:53 AM,
Anonymous said…
You should email Cory about that beer festival. Not that he will be able to make it, but just to make him drool. I like when others torture Cory a bit :)
I assure you that if the tea set is not broken during Heidi's childhood, it will be because she did not like it. Breaking things is all kids do, according to my brother (two little girls) and my sister (who may not be the best to listen to on the subject considering her crazy crazy little boy). I love the various stories of how cd players and balogna do not mix.
Post a Comment
<< Home